Principal Consultant (Environmental)
Haley & Aldrich is a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
Haley & Aldrich is seeking a dynamic, driven Principal Consultant to join our team and serve a leadership role in our Parsippany, New Jersey office. The ideal candidate brings significant consulting experience and client relationships to provide strategic direction and cutting-edge technical support to grow H&A’s business. Expectations will also include cross-selling to support integrated growth in other industry sectors we serve.
As a senior leader, you will be accountable for successfully developing, managing, and consulting on a variety of environmental site assessment, remediation, compliance, and sustainability management projects. An additional focal point of the role is to build sustainable business, while networking with H&A’s national professional team to share best practices across the industries we serve in energy, infrastructure, real estate, and manufacturing. This is a shareholder-track opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career to the next level with a national professional services and consulting leader.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership to develop staff, and deliver financial results to grow Haley & Aldrich’s Environmental business.
- Serve as a key member of the local leadership team to drive profitable growth of the environmental business in the manufacturing, energy, and aerospace market segments.
- Contribute to expanding H&A’s services. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand H&A’s profile and market share through world-class technical delivery and program & project management.
- Direct and develop complex, multi-discipline projects with multi-person project teams. Oversee multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Provide leadership in developing staff, managing their performance, recruiting & retaining top talent, and providing mentoring to drive their overall success.
- Develop a working understanding of H&A’s overall business and actively support marketing other services to clients.
- BS in engineering, geology, science, or related discipline; MS degree and professional registration preferred.
- LSRP and/or NJ Professional Engineering licenses
- 15+ years of relevant professional services consulting experience.
- Proven client development experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts in the manufacturing, energy, and/or aerospace.
- Consistent track record, including successfully winning and managing large and strategic projects.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and people skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the local regulatory landscape and proven negotiation skills with federal, state and local regulators.
- Recognized technical expertise by the marketplace.
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.